Saturday, June 27, 2009

First Sign On!

Welcome to NWArkFoodie! I have started this blog because I am a dedicated gourmand (one who is highly appreciative of good food) and am very tired of what I consider to be weak reviews that our local newspapers give to the food scene in NW Arkansas. In my humble opinion, the local papers run advertisements rather than offering the reading public genuine reviews of eating establishments -- which should always contain helpful (and sometimes strongly worded) criticisms, to the end that the dining experience can be improved.

Due to my other duties I will not be able to post every day, but will add new posts as I visit different restaurants. FYI, I am not paid by any restaurant and no one pays for my meals....I pick up the tab myself. And, since Marcus St. James is my nom de plume, I enjoy total anonymity. Another important note: I am not currently employed in the food industry, but have been so in the past. I am considered a gourmet cook and am highly sought after for my culinary knowledge and experience.

I hope that you enjoy this blog. Let me hear from you!!

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment